Sunday, July 5, 2009

What a Weekend

Had a busy time over the weekend. Went down and had a lovely visit with my Mum yesterday, it is great to walk in and see her so happy. She has also put on a bit of weight so that is a bonus as we were concerned about her weight before. Then last night had my daughter and grandson stay we us, played a game of Monopoly (which is still in progress), I love having my kids stay with us, it's like old times.

On the writing front, I've yet another group, this one is an accountability group, I have to write at least 500 words a day to stay in. Now I know I said I wasn't going to do any writing for the next few months, but I figure 500 words a day is not a lot and it will keep the stories I have on the go moving forward. So new plan, write 500 words a day and edit 5 to 10 pages per day. I can do that! That will still give me time to work on my Breakout Novel Homework, read and write reviews, as well as do critiques for my CPs. Oh and finish organizing the Clayton's Conference. Easy, not a problem, I'm not worried at all, I can do all this, LOL.
Anyway I wrote 511 words yesterday and 1,152 words today, so that's not bad going. Tonight I'll do some more editing, been getting a few pages done each day. I'm in a happy place at the moment with my writing, let's hope I stay that way.
Until next time.
Happy writing or editing.
Sandie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo for being in a happy place with your writing.

Maybe we are biting off more than we can chew. But 500 words a day, we should be able to do that in 15 - 20 minutes. And they say you need to write every day.

It's just that I haven't done my 500 words yet today, nor have I done any editing. And still to have dinner. But I have done my tax return and that pretty figure at the end is looking really good.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Love the picture Sandie. Great goals you've set.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Good luck with your goals Sandie. BTW - I love the picture. :)

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Good Luck Sandie,
I do hope I reach my goals by the end of the year. Yikes, and it's going so damn fast.

All the best,

Suz :)