Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Few of My Favourite Things

Do you find that Valentine’s Day does silly things to you? Like thinking about your favourite novels or movies? So, I started to think about my all time favourite novels, and was surprised to find that I’m A Jane Austen nutter. Okay, I already knew that.

My Favourite Top Romance Novels

1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
2. Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
3. Emma by Jane Austen
4. Gone with the Wind by Margret Mitchell
5. Emma by Jane Austen
6. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
7. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
8. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
9. The English Patient by Michael Ondaatje
10. The Devil’s Bride by Stephanie Laurens



My Top Ten Romantic Movies

1. Gone With The Wind
2. Pride and Prejudice
3. The Notebook
4. PS. I Love You
5. The English Patient
6. City of Angels
7. You’ve Got Mail
8. While You Were Sleeping
9. Notting Hill
10. It Happened One Night


My Top Ten Heroes from novels, film & TV

1. Rhett Butler ~ Gone with the Wind
2. Mr. Darcy ~ Pride and Prejudice
3. Heathcliff ~ Wuthering Heights
4. Sir Gideon Trevithick ~ Captive of Sin
5. Christian ~ Night’s Cold Kiss
6. Mr. Knightly ~ Emma
7. Mr. Rochester ~ Jane Eyre
8. Gerry Kennedy ~ PS I Love You
9. Derek Shepherd ~ Grey’s Anatomy
10. Johnny Castle ~ Dirty Dancing



My Top Ten Heroines from, novels, films & TV
1. Scarlett O’Hara ~ Gone with the Wind
2. Elizabeth Bennett ~ Pride and Prejudice
3. Catherine Earnshaw ~ Wuthering Heights
4. Beth Marsh ~ Little Women
5. Lady Charis Weston ~ Captive of Sin
6. Jane Eyre ~ Jane Eyre
7. Emma Woodhouse ~ Emma
8. Antoinette Petrescu ~ Night’s Cold Kiss
9. Emma Hart ~ A Woman of Substance
10. Elinor Dashwood ~ Sense and Sensibility

Did you notice anything unusual? Yes, I have favourite Heroes and Heroines whose stories are not on my top ten list, but they are not far behind. I should really do a list of my favourite recent releases, I might save that for another day.
Honestly, did you really think I wouldn't put a photo of Mr. Darcy up? LOL.

Hope you have a wonderful Valentine’s Day with your special someone.


Sandie

7 comments:

Tracey O'Hara said...

oh you sweetie - you included Antoinette in your fav heroines :)

Great post - I love all of those stories and I started to think of my own lists espically for movies.

My list of movies would be different - but isn't that what makes the world a different place.

Sandie Hudson said...

Snort, I have Christain as a fav hero as well. Is the world would be a boring place if we all like the same things.

Shayne said...

Ah, a young Colin Firth as Mr Darcy. He still makes my bones melt.

Excellent list, but I can't believe you placed Rhett and Scarlett above EB and Mr D!


Shayne XXX

Sandie Hudson said...

oh Shayne, afraid I'm a Rhett and Scarlett girl from way back, but it was a close call. LOL

Anonymous said...

I watched Gone with the Wind again for the 587th time. I will never tire of it or Rhett or Scarlett. But will never work out her attraction to Ashley.

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Now that shows the softer side of you Sandie. :) Admitedly you have quite a few of my favourites up there as well.

Novels, two Emma's, I can't recall reading a second one, perhaps I have missed something.

Romantic movies, well The Notebook is such a strong story. I loved it. PS. I love you, You've got Mail, While you were sleeping, all good movies.

I also loved Sweet Home Alabana, it's another fav of mine.

It's great to see such a list. Perhaps I should get to and do one for my own benefit.

Valentines Day. A beautiful day. Wasn't it ever. :) :)

Keep well,

Suz :)

Sandie Hudson said...

LOL, yes Scarlett's attraction to Ashley has always been a mystery to me as well.