Monday, February 1, 2010

January in a Nutshell

Hi I'm back - I haven't really been slacking off, except for posting a blog here. School has gone back and I'm back in writer's mode. So here is what I got up to during January as far as my writing goes:

Edited and submitted SMU for CC

Editing IT for CC and The Billionaire’s Lie (was If I Were A Rich Man)

Worked on and continue to work on My Website – It is coming along, I’m happy with it anyway.

I’ve joined up to do three reading challenges for the year –
eHarlequin 2010 Book Challenge: Not sure how many novels I’m suppose to read. Anyway at least I may get a few of my HM&B novels read.

100+ Reading Challenge: Read 100+ novels during 2010. I can do that, although I’m not off to a good start. I’m blogging about this on my Review Blog.


2010 Support Your Local Library: I’m doing the Mini Challenge with this one, I have to check out and read 25 novels/books from my local library. I’m also blogging about this on my Review Site.
Both of these are run on J. Kaye’s Blog.

RWAus

I’m working my way through the alphabet to update the RWAus Goodreads, Shelfari and Library Thing shelves with our members novels. I think I need to spend about an hour a day on these sites, doing it on weekends is just not working.

You can also find the RWAus at these places:
RWAus Blog
Twitter
Facebook
Myspace
Bebo

The lovely Paula Roe, is blogging once a week ‘A Novel in 3 Months’. This is really cool, I’m working on ‘Having Her Best Friend’s Baby’ for this exercise, if you haven’t dropped by Paula’s blog, do it is well worth reading and following.

Okay, I know I said I wasn’t going to start or work on any novels until I get all my editing done, BUT I’m not getting any sleep because my characters are driving me nuts chatting all night. So I’m doing 500 words a day Max, and that may shut them up.

So that’s what I’ve been up to lately.
See ya.

Sandie

5 comments:

Eleni Konstantine said...

Phew lots done for you Sandie.

As for the eHarlequin Book Challenge - it's as many books as you want. There are also monthly challenges you can join in at the community. Check out the Book Challenge forums.

Good luck!

Nicky Strickland said...

Sandie, you are one busy lady!

I've also committed to the library challenge :) (wasn't game enough to commit to the 100 one - I need to write more than to read this year LOL).

Don't forget sleep occasionally is a good idea!

Shayne said...

Sandie,

You are such a legend!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. It was very encouraging.

Shayne

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Gee Sandie, how do you fit it all in. I'm sure I don't do as much. lol
Oh yes, and don't forget that cell renewal - sleep, something I should be doing right now. :)


Suz :)

Sandie Hudson said...

What do you mean sleep? I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm a night owl, so a lot of what I do is after hubby has gone to bed.