Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sunday Supper - February for Ten People

From Mrs Beeton's Household Management



First Course
Palestine Soup
John Dory, with Dutch Sause
Red Mullet, with Sauce Genoise





Entrees
Sweetbread Cutlets, with Poivrade Sauce
Fowl au Béchamel







Second Course
Roast Saddle of Mutton
Boiled Capon and Oysters
Boiled Tongue, garnished with Brussels Sprouts





Third Course
Guinea-Fowls
Ducklings
Pain de Rhubarb
Orange Jelly
Strawberry Cream
Cheesecakes
Almond Pudding
Fig Pudding



Dessert and Ices

4 comments:

S E Gilchrist said...

Here I come rolling out the door! Wow, what a feast. Kinda makes sardines on toast look a little bit like poor mans breakfast!

Unknown said...

Yes, or vegemite bread roll. They certainly knew how to eat back in the day.

Marianne Theresa said...

Hmmm Let's see -I'd eat the roast mutton - (mum used to do that - there a special way to cook it to get mutton right.) & I don't have it hahaha

And I'd probably eat the jelly, strawberry cream, cheesecake - although I know the jellies weren't like we know them.
& I'd probably be a lot skinnier back then being so fussy haha

Marianne Theresa said...

Oh Suz, I LOVE sardines on Toast - not poor man's at all - good for you :)