Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Editing: Do Not Disturb

For the next seven months I’m editing. I’ve put a ‘DO NOT DISTURB’ sign up at my Head Motel, so far all is quiet. CC is happy because at least two of her novels will be the first to be edited, that should keep her at bay for a month. So why seven months of editing? Easy, I have at least seven or eight novels finished sitting there waiting and I sure as hell won’t get published if I don’t edit what I’ve written. I also need seven months so I can work my way through Margie Lawson’s lecture packs.

I’m starting with ‘Empowering Characters’ Emotions’ and ‘Deep Editing: The EDITS System, Rhetorical Devices, and More’ you can also do these and others as one of ‘Margie’s Online classes’. I’m already feeling better about this editing thing and my even learn to like the process.
Since Tuesday, I’ve edited seven pages of ‘SMU’, now this is a novella, so I’m hoping to have this finished by the weekend. Then I’ll do some more work on ‘Rich Man’ and aim to have that finished by Christmas. I’m working very hard at being good and only working on one project at a time. None of this jumping from one story to the other. I have a plan and I’m going to stick to it even if it kills me. Yes, I have my calendar all filled in with which novels I work on and when, not jumping ahead. I wrote them in with a pen so I can’t rub them out if I change my mind.

Okay, this is not getting my editing done today. I’ve been updating our Horse Stud Site with the latest news. But now it’s my time, I’ll let you know how I’m going in a day or two.

Happy Writing
Sandie

No comments: