Monday, March 29, 2010

A Writing & Life Update

As you know, I am doing Margie Lawson’s Empowering Character’s Emotions. Today I have spent the day printing out all my finished and partially finished manuscripts. Yes, it has taken me all day, well on and off getting things ready for hubby to go away. Food to cook, clothes to iron etc.
The one thing I am looking forward to is seeing how my writing has changed, because some of these manuscripts I wrote a few years back. Yes, I know I am slack for not editing them before now. Well I did do some editing, but that was before I knew what I was supposed to do, not that I know it all now.

Margie’s course is still going well, except that I am a bit behind on my assignments.


I had a few days out with my Mum last week, she had a fall at the nursing home, and cut her let pretty bad, today we found out she also broke one of her toes. It is hard to watch her at the moment, she is very scared, cannot understand what is happening to her. She knows it is because of the Huntington’s, does not understand why she cannot control things better. All we can do is hold her hand and be there for her. Life sucks sometimes.


Okay enough whinging for me, back to my editing, first I have to make hubby a cup of tea, because I said I would. LOL.


Until next week.
Happy writing.
Sandie.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've printed all your manuscripts?

I'm seeing a big difference between the first draft stuff I wrote 3 years ago (BML - Before Margie) and the first draft stuff I wrote this year. First draft stuff circa 2010 includes a lot more of the EDITS colours, the scenes are fuller, lush, include more senses. But I am also wondering if it's also because I wrote them a little slower than my normal 'write or die' or '50/30" mode.

yes, I'm also behind with the assignments. We should definitely keep the loop going and discuss this sort of stuff on loop.

Shayne said...

Hi Sandie
Your poor Mum. I hope she picks up.

And good on your for keeping up with Margie.

I hope you're coming to the conference?

Shayne

Anonymous said...

and hugs for your mother. It must be very difficult watching her go through the confusion.

Sandie Hudson said...

Hi Ladies, thanks for your thoughts for my Mum.

Shayne, I won't be at the conference this year, it is my son's 30th birthday weekend and he is going skydriving. LOL.

Anonymous said...

Sandie,
So glad Margie's course is helping and really wish I was doing it with you,
And best of luck for your Mum's health,
Suzi

Eleni Konstantine said...

Oh Sandie, wishing your mum all the best. It's hard watching loved ones go through health problems. And a big hug to you too.

I'm so impressed with how much you are doing. You're a little energizer bunny. :) Good luck!

Sandie Hudson said...

Thanks Suzi and Eleni.

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hi Sandie,
I've just finished printing out all the Lectures. Hopefully I will finish today. I've loved the course. I didn't imagine it could be so helpful.

Your mother looks lovely, and yes, it's sad, something I'm not looking forward to when I get old. I hope I have a gem around like you when my turn comes. I pray for health. :)

Suz :)

Sandie Hudson said...

Hey Suz,

I'm hoping to get assignments my all done today and tonight.

I'm very lucky in that I'm one of six kids and four of us live with 30 mins of each other, so we're there to support one another. I really don't know how people manage who are only children.

Sandie

AJ Blythe said...

Sandie, sounds like Margie's course is wonderful. good luck with editing all those pages and pages you printed, gack!

Cathryn Hein said...

Sorry to hear your mum's having such a rough time, Sandie. It must be very hard for you all.

I know exactly what she's going through with the broken toe. I broke mine on Thursday. Ouch!

Good luck with your edits. Sounds like you're going to be a very busy girl!