Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Borders and Me

Well, I went on my shopping trip to Borders, and what did I buy?

1. Claiming the Courtesan by Anna Campbell. YEH I'd been looking for this one for ages.

2. Being Elizabeth Bennet, Create Your Own Jane Austen Adventure by Emma Campbell Webster. One of the girls from one of my groups recommended this and as I love Jane Austen I thought I'd give it a go.

3. Oxford A Century of New Words. I have a weakness for dictionaries for some reason anyway this tells you when a word was first used. From the 1900's to 2000's.

4. Whitaker's Almanack Pocket Reference 2008. Another little quirk of mine, I love knowing different facts, fun facts, silly facts, any sort of fact.

5. Writing Fantasy & Science Fiction. Do not ask me why. I saw it and some little voice said "Go on get it. You're going to need it soon." Who am I to argue with the voices, maybe I'll write a fantasy romance.

6. Roget's International Thesaurus. This is the big one. It is great, I LOVE it. There are more than 330,000 words and phrases, how cool is that? Thesaurus' are another weakness I have.

So there you have it, my day at Borders. If there was ever a shop I'd want to be locked into for the night Borders would be the place. My little slice of heaven on earth.

As you can see I'm feeling so much better, between Borders and my good friend Annie Doyle
I'm feeling on top of the world. Annie helped me to have a light bulb moment the other night.

I have come to realise that with my writing, that once I do a character profile I'm on track. Character profiles are about all the planning I do, I explained it like 'Field of Dreams' you know "Build it and they will come.", mine is do, character profile and they will come. Once I know who they are they come a runnin'.

Well that's it. I'm off to my daughters for dinner tonight. YEH no cooking for me. I'd also like to think all my blogging friends for your words of encouragement these past couple of weeks, your support means a lot. Thanks guys.

Hugs
Sandie
Post a Comment