Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Borders and Me

Well, I went on my shopping trip to Borders, and what did I buy?

1. Claiming the Courtesan by Anna Campbell. YEH I'd been looking for this one for ages.

2. Being Elizabeth Bennet, Create Your Own Jane Austen Adventure by Emma Campbell Webster. One of the girls from one of my groups recommended this and as I love Jane Austen I thought I'd give it a go.

3. Oxford A Century of New Words. I have a weakness for dictionaries for some reason anyway this tells you when a word was first used. From the 1900's to 2000's.

4. Whitaker's Almanack Pocket Reference 2008. Another little quirk of mine, I love knowing different facts, fun facts, silly facts, any sort of fact.

5. Writing Fantasy & Science Fiction. Do not ask me why. I saw it and some little voice said "Go on get it. You're going to need it soon." Who am I to argue with the voices, maybe I'll write a fantasy romance.

6. Roget's International Thesaurus. This is the big one. It is great, I LOVE it. There are more than 330,000 words and phrases, how cool is that? Thesaurus' are another weakness I have.

So there you have it, my day at Borders. If there was ever a shop I'd want to be locked into for the night Borders would be the place. My little slice of heaven on earth.

As you can see I'm feeling so much better, between Borders and my good friend Annie Doyle
I'm feeling on top of the world. Annie helped me to have a light bulb moment the other night.

I have come to realise that with my writing, that once I do a character profile I'm on track. Character profiles are about all the planning I do, I explained it like 'Field of Dreams' you know "Build it and they will come.", mine is do, character profile and they will come. Once I know who they are they come a runnin'.

Well that's it. I'm off to my daughters for dinner tonight. YEH no cooking for me. I'd also like to think all my blogging friends for your words of encouragement these past couple of weeks, your support means a lot. Thanks guys.

Hugs
Sandie

6 comments:

Annie Doyle said...

Glad to be of help Sandie, but you too have been so supportive of my 'stuff' including most recent issues. Thanks for your helps also. Isn't that what friendship is all about. Even cyber-friendship can be very rewarding.
Have a great day.
Annie

Devon Gray said...

I'd love to be locked in Borders over night as well! Sounds like you went a little crazy in the reference section. I'm with you on that one! I love to hang out in that section. I recently bought a "reverse" dictionary which is supposed to help you find a word you are looking for but can't quite put your finger on by looking up similar words. It's interesting. Looks like you have made a lot of progress on your books. Congratulations! Visit my MySpace page- I want to add you as a friend. www.myspace.com/authordevongray

Hugs,
Devon

Sandie Hudson said...

Thanks for dropping by Devon.

Yes I did go crazy, luckly I only go shopping like that once in awhile. My hubby just looks at me when I walk in with a new book, then asks when I think I'm going to put it as I am running out of room real fast. I hate the thought of throwing out my books, who knows I might want to read them again.

I've been over and added you to my friends at MySpace. Thanks for the invite, that will made you my 200th friend. YAH.

Hugs
Sandie

Amanda said...

I'm a huge sucker for Borders. I could gladly spend hours there and still not be done.

AnneMarie Brear said...

Hi Sandie.

Just found your blog and enjoyed reading your posts. :o)

Devon Gray said...

I could never throw out any of my books. Luckily for me, one entire wall of my office is comprised of built-in bookshelves, so I will probably never need to. Now I just need some of OUR books up there!!! Have a great one.

XOX,
Devon