Thursday, May 8, 2008

Challenge Update

The last few days have been fairly productive. I'm in front with my word count for CATA; it's always good to have something up your sleeve for the days when your other life interrupts your writing life. Like this weekend, with Mother's Day on Sunday and three mothers to visit plus my grandson's 9th birthday celebration, I'm not going to get a whole lot of writing done. Never mind there is always next week.
So just how am I going? Well I'm up to 8,450 words, 43 pp and on Chapter Two. I'm quite happy with my progress. I also took sometime out to judge a competition. With that all done, I'll have even more time to write. YAY.

My word count for SVEN is growing YAY. I thought for awhile there I was going to fall short, now I may even do better than my goal. So with 50,211 words down I have just 5,789 to reach my goal of 56,000. Too bad all those words haven’t gone into just one story. Never mind, with each word it means I’m getting closer to the finish of some of my WIP’s.

Okay I now have a question. How in the hell do I stop these new people from jumping into my head? I mean I have 24 couples living up there each with their own little entourage. I shudder to think now of just how many there are running around up there. It’s no wonder I’ve been getting migraines. So if you have any ideas let me know. I was thinking of putting a sign on the door. ‘Sorry closed due to overcrowding.’ What do you think? Do you think they’ll take any notice? Sigh! I really think I am starting to lose it, but don’t tell anyone I said that.

Alright I’m off to do some writing. Half the day is gone already, and as my wonderful father-in-law use to say “If you wait too long the sun will burn your arse.”

Hugs
Sandie

7 comments:

Sussan Marz said...

Sandie, you have so many blogs I don't know where to leave a comment anymore.

Well done on your word count. And I'm afraid there's no cure for that I know of for 'Sandie Syndrome' (characterized by the symptoms of having 24 couples and their entourage in your head, all competing for book writing time). Maybe you should give them all a sedative and wake them up when you are ready?

Sandie Hudson said...

HI Sussan

I don't normally double post my Challenge Blog here, put I was lazy today. Had writing to get done etc. You don't need to leave a comment on all my blogs God you'd be there all day. LOL.

Anyway I have a new Man Blog up. I'm thinking of changing the title but I haven't had time to do a new banner. Anyway thanks for dropping by.

Hugs
Sandie

Angie said...

Hi Sandie,

Well done for your word count for both Cata & SVEN!

I'm with Sussan here - give 'em a Valium. That should calm them down. LOL. Otherwise, you can try what I do - jot down some notes, and then let them wait while you finish current WIP.

Good luck with it!

Angie :)

Christina Phillips said...

Hi Sandie,

Yep, I agree with Angie about jotting down notes - of course that might not stop all your couples from misbehaving in your head! But it seems to help calm them down in my case!

Crystal* said...

Hi Sandie!

Ack! Clustered cranium sydrome. I'm of the opinion that we, as authors, should charge rent or some such thing. Or they can take it out in trade.
"Hey, tell you what! You let me keep my long-term memory, and you can stay just as long as you please." lmao

I understand completely.
psssttt...did that help at all?
Grins,
Crystal*

Barbara Wallace said...

Sandy:
Ahh, to have too many characters in your head. It's a blessing and a curse.

I have to agree with everyone else - jot down a few notes and put them in a file. I don't know about you, but I find that the characters always become noisiest right around the time I hit the middle of a project. Coincidentally that's the same time the newness runs out for me.

BTW, congrats on making such wonderful progress. I'm amazed you can work on multiple projects and move forward on them all.

Rachael Blair said...

Hey Sandie

Just popping in to see how you're going and WOW, you're on fire! You are writing loads and I'm very jealous/guilty/insert appropriate word here.

Good luck with the challenge... will be watching to see/hear more!