Friday, May 30, 2008

The Countdown is ON

I have two countdowns on the go at the moment. The first is CataU 'Novella in a Month' which finishes tomorrow. Yes I reached my target but still have heaps to do to the story and I haven't written anything for three days. I'm going to do this post and then try to get at least an hour in on it. I have finally done character chats for this one, that just leaves me with character chats to do on another ten WIP no big deal.

Now the other count down is the '50ks In 30 Days' challenge which starts on Sunday. It seems like we have been getting ready for this for so long it's hard to believe it is almost here. Now the doubt's are starting to set in, 'Can I do this?" "Have I got 50,000 words in me?" "What if I fail?" then I get this screaming in my head, it's like a platoon of soldiers yelling at me.

"FAIL? YOU WILL NOT FAIL, WE DO NOT ACCEPT FAILURE! YOU WILL WRITE OUR BLOODY STORIES AND GET THEM FINISHED!!!!"

Jezz talk about bossy characters. So all I can say is they had better deliver or there will be WAR! I'll kill the whole lot of them off and get some nice old people to write about. May not be as interesting but at least I'll be able to keep up with them.

So as I race out of one challenge and stroll into yet another challenge, I'm excited, scared, numb, stupid, crazy, out of my head, a nervous wreak, but come Sunday I'll be ready. Wish me luck because I'll need it.

Hugs
Sandie

6 comments:

Christina Phillips said...

Hi Sandie,

I'm gearing up for Sunday, although now I'm not at all sure which story I'll be writing!! Pesky characters in my head, lol!!

Sandie Hudson said...

Yes gotta love those characters. LOL.

Devon Gray said...

Yeah, failure just isn't an option. Just keep that in your mind as you proceed. It was (and still is) my mantra. I was nervous about reaching 40k with my current wip, but I will actually go over when it's all said and done. Things just seem to work out in the end. Take a deep breath and dive in. Good luck!

Devon

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hi Sandie,
Me too, all ready set go... lol..
I have my characters, the main plot and it will be interesting to see where they take me.
When I sit down to write tomorrow, I will have coffee on desk, and suck in a deep breath and see what happens.
Oh lordy me. lol....
Suz:)

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Good Luck everyone.

Suz:)

Elizabeth said...

Im always interested to read how much a writer has on their plate at one time and how much time they devote to the craft in one sitting.
Good luck on the projects.