Monday, May 19, 2008

Getting People Out Of My Head

As most of you well know by now the talented Rachel Charlton received a full request for her novel ‘On a Wing and a Prayer’. Now this was no ordinary request (and if you knew RC you would know nothing is ordinary about this girl and I mean that in the nicest possible way. Hehehe. ) So back to the story, an editor read her extract on one of her blog sites and requested a full copy of the story. YAYAYA. As you can imagine RC has been running around like a chook with its head cut off trying to get MS polished and sent off as well as doing up new web spots because she decided to have a pseudonym. Out of all this Rhian Cahill was born you can visit her Wordpress Blog here or her new MySpace here. So fingers crossed everyone (well when you’re not typing that is) that we hear good news in regard RC’s submission soon.

So, you may be wondering what all this has to do with people in my head. The thing is I decided months ago that I would write under a pseudonym for my erotic novels. Well if I decided to submit them for publication. Now as most of you know I have a thing for blogs, websites etc, as Sandie Hudson. What you don’t know is that I also have a website, blog and MySpace for my alter egos. I say alter egos because I have three. (Yes I know I am a sad woman who doesn’t know who she is anymore.)

So let me introduce you to my other halves. Sandie Roberts is who I will write under for my children’s books. I chose Roberts because my Dad and Father-In-Law were both Robert. Now I haven’t done a lot with these sites yet so I won’t give you the links yet.

Sandra Carrington was my first chose for writing erotic romance but I’m thinking she may have a far raunchier side than I first thought. I’ll see how I go. Anyway here are her sites. Website, MySpace, Blog. How I came up with her name is I used my own first name and then the town I grow up in.

Cassandra Cornell well she came about because there was already a Cassandra Carrington. See I was going to change Sandra to Cassandra, but it didn’t work. I chose Cornell because that was my Dad’s mother’s maiden name. And she’d get a kick out of me writing erotic novels I think. Anyway Cassandra's sites are here; website, blog, MySpace. So if you feel like visiting go ahead.

Do you think I could have split personality syndrome? Or maybe I just haven’t found the real me. Anyway that is at least two people out of my head and these two have the good sense to only work on one novel at a time. Or is that just me still working on the novels?

Oh and by the way Diane Curran has come out of the closet so to speak, (with her writing I mean) she has a new blog spot so visit her here Diane Curran.

Okay now that I have completely scared the living day lights out of you all, and you will be giving me a very wide berth from now on, I’ll catch ya later.

Hugs
Sandie

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Sandie Sandie Sandie... I am soooo impressed - and oohh la la on the Sandra Carrington blog!!

My question is... do you sleep??!! I am so amazed at your time and energy... you seem to write, live, see your family, eat and be with your horses - HOW??!!

In fact I am somewhat envious!! Well done!! I aspire to be there one day! I have to sort out how to get my day to day our of the way (ie the day job and daily chores!!)

I love that you have a number of pseudonyms... I think I may look at that down the track!

xxxx

Anonymous said...

Both my topless table dancing tarts blogged about me! I love your sites. You're so good with the computer stuff. I might hire you to be my webmistress.

Devon Gray said...

How do you keep it all straight?! I didn't realize my new MySpace friend was you! LOL.

Sandie Hudson said...

Yes well you have two new MySpace friends that are me. LOL.

As for keeping it straight. Well it is only the last couple of weeks that Cassandra has come on the scene. Sandra had been around since December. I'll use Sandra for any really hot hot erotic romance, like 'Come Fly With Me' it has it all, F/M, F/F, and M/M. Cassandra I'll use for erotic romance but just F/M I've just strated 'Once In a Lifetime', so I'm still not sure how hot it will get yet. The one I'm doing for CataU I'll more than likely move over to Cassandra.

I'm thinking of just writing and then deciding who to use. Of course I have to get them finished, edited and re-written. LOL.

I have a goal of have at least one submission in by my next birthday which is in January, it I don't get it done sooner. ;-)

Hugs
Sandie

Steph said...

I have a friend who uses a different pseudonym for each genre he writes in. He's got at least four at the moment that are published, and I know he's got more unpublished works under different pseudonyms. No way I could do that; I think I'd lose myself. Literally. :P

By the way, I found your blog on blogcatalog.com and since you're into writing, I wanted to let you know about a new e-zine that me and a few writer friends are putting together.

It's called The Oddville Press.

We're still getting off the ground so our website isn't completely finished yet. But you should check us out if you're interested--or better yet, submit something!

Anyways, your blog made me smile, so I'll definitely be poking around here more in the future.

Thanks and good luck with your writing!

Sandie Hudson said...

Thanks Steph, that makes me feel heaps better knowing I'm not the only one with a heap of pseudonyms. LOL. I was begining to think I may be turning into Cybil.

Your site looks good I'll drop by again when I get a spare moment.

Hugs
Sandie

Rachael Blair said...

Don't you get confused?? And yeah... I'm with Amanda... when do you sleep!

Anyway good luck with all your writing endevours!

Sandie Hudson said...

No I don't sleep much, but it has nothing to do with my pseudonyms. It has more to do with my insomnia.

As to getting confused 'No' I have a system (I Think) My plan is I'll write a book and depending on the sex content, I'lldecide which pseudonym sents it off. See simple. Well I'm hoping that's the way it will work. LOL.

Hugs
Sandie