Monday, May 26, 2008

When Life Steps In & Computers Crash

My writing has come to a screaming halt the last few days. No matter how much I tried to fight it my home life just pushed it way into my time. I can’t complain really (well I could but that wouldn’t be fair) my hubby has put up with me sitting at my computer every chance I get for weeks now. (No it is more like months). Anyway he was home sick for two days, and yesterday we went to a horse show, I missed most of it because I had to come home for a form we had forgotten to take. I don’t know where my brain is at times. (Err… no I do know where it is, it’s on my books. Thinking, thinking, thinking.) We had a good day anyway, the boys won plenty of ribbons, owners hubby shows for were very happy, and we got there and home without any major problems.

I also had the great idea of changing my web site header. I wanted something fresh, something new, something that would take me to my happy place when I write. Great plan, even a fantastic plan… until I crashed my site and lost everything. So I had to start again. Nothing like a new start, a fresh start and a lesson learnt. (I hope, never really know with me what I’ll do next.) So if you get a chance have a look at my new website, the header is the same as the one. Here’s the link http://www.sandiehudson.com .

So I’m not sure how much writing I’ll get done this week but I’m hoping to get at least an hour a day in, it all helps toward get that novel finished. Until next time, my the Word Fairy smile on you.

Hugs
Sandie

7 comments:

Unknown said...

hi sandie, my life is devoted to my kids and when i have time i then write. dont feel bad about life getting in the way, enjoy it!
p.s i love the pic on the side, i've been meaning to tell you. it looks as though you've overlapped three pics, i tried that before but i could only do it with two pics. if you have any hints please let me know.
happy writing
kez

Sandie Hudson said...

Hi Kerry
Thanks for dropping by, I don't really min my family stepping into my writing time (well unless I'm on a roll then I do) but on a whole it works well). If my kids were younger and at home then that would be a different story. When I have my grandson stay my writing takes a back seat.

The photo on the side I got from micosoft clipart photo. The hearts I took myself. I put white cardoard behind a book I'd folded to make the heart shapes and place a lamp in front of it to get the shadow I wanted. Hathe time of my life playing with it.

Hugs
Sandie

Diane said...

Cool Sandie, I didn't realise you'd made the heart photo yourself. I told you you're clever!

Just keep your muse happy for an hour each day and she should keep visiting!

Christina Phillips said...

I love the way your blog and website match. I once tried to change the layout of my blog and lost the lot so I've never had the nerve to try again!

Amanda said...

Sandie love that you created the hearts yourself!!!

SIGH - I am really struggling to juggle all commitments in my world AND have time to write...

BUT - it can be done - I am sure it can! Where there is a will there's a way!

Amanda

PS Love the new look!

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hi Sandie,
Love your new header, it is refreshing. I get like that. Bored with my sites. lol.

Btw, I'm back. lol.. I had such a wonderful time.
I am busy, busy busy now, and gearing up for the 50ks in June. hmm... :)

Until then,
Suz:)

Devon Gray said...

Love the new site. What a pain, though, right? I hope life settles down soon and you can return to your computer.