Monday, June 16, 2008

I Reached My Target, But Not My Goal

I reached my target today, just not my goal. Well kind of, sorta I did. I finished the novel I was working on this passed week, but I didn’t get to the 50,000 words with it. I know when I edit it I’ll get there but at the moment I just really do not want to go back and add anything yet. The biggest thing with the story is that I started it almost two years ago, my writing has changed, I think, no I believe I have grown as a writer so there will be a lot of changes. Anyway with finishing that one up and doing a bit more to a couple of other WIP’s I reached my target of 50,000 words for the month. So YAYA me. I haven’t told the girls at 50/30 yet, I’ll do that tomorrow. I really didn’t think I’d get any writing done today but just plodding along I got there. I still have a couple more WIP's to work on before the end of the month, so I might get my goal yet.


I’m hoping to be able to see my chiropractor tomorrow. I pulled something in my back or shoulder the other day when I was doing some housework, dangerous occupation housework. Anyway if I sit for too long typing it gives me curry. So on that note, I’m going to say goodnight. Yes it’s night time here in the wonderful land of Oz. Happy writing.

Hugs
Sandie

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Well done Sandie!! Hope the chiropractor worked some magic! Amanda

Christina Phillips said...

Yay good for you hitting the 50k target! Wow that's amazing!

Hope your back and shoulder recover quickly and let this be a warning - always avoid housework whenever possible!!!

Unknown said...

hi sandie.
you've done a brilliant job with it all.
i've found the same thing with a ms i want to edit after this challenge is over. i started it and finished it ages ago and as i grow as a writer i realise what needs building, deleted, etc.
its never ending.
but i like this wip i'm doing for the 50k, i started it from scratch and i love it.
best wishes and hope you feel better
kez

Rachael Johns said...

Hey Sandie

Coming in late to congratulate you!!! I'm still amazed by how much everyone's achieved this month!!!