Friday, March 28, 2008

Borders ~ I've Been Bad AGAIN

I had to go back to the doctor's yesterday, just a check up after my day surgery. He has put me on some different tables in the hope that these might spot my nausea, one can only hope. Anyway after I left the doctors I went to borders just for a look mind you. Yeah right, as if, I should know better.

So what did I buy this time? Well I got my first Anne Gracie novel YA. 'The Perfect Kiss', I've heard some very good reviews about this book, so I'm very excited about reading it. I also got Lucy Clark, 'Her Very Special Baby', Jennie Adams, 'To Love And To Cherish', Anne Oliver, 'Business In The Bedroom', and Trish Morey, 'The Sheikh's Convenient Virgin'. I just don't know which to read first, plus I still have a mile and a half of other novels to read. Sigh, just not enough hours in my day to fit everything in.











While I was in Borders I had to do some shelf rearranging. I mean how rude can they be? Fancy putting our own fantastic Trish behind the Mother's Day Special box when they clearly have enough of them out on display. Well Trish is front and centre now, as is Anne Oliver. They had her behind someone else, not good enough. When will these people learn that they should be promoting our own authors. I just know I'm going to have to go over to my two local Big W stores and do some more rearranging, oh and K-Mart as well. ;-)
Now I didn't just buy novels, I also bought Susie Bright's 'How to Write a Dirty Story', yes I know I'm suppose to be writing contemporary romance. Just couldn't help myself, I have started an erotic novel so thought this might help. Mind you if I do decide to go the erotic way, my daughter has told me to use a different name. (Cheeky little devil). I also got Louise Jordan's How To Write For Children - and get published', this one to help me with my stories I'm writing about my grandson's adventures. :-). For reference books I picked up 'Sex Slang' by Tom Dalzell and Terry Victor, very interesting book, IMHO. And because my spelling is just atrocious I got 'The McGraw-Hill Dictionary of Misspelled and Easily Confused Words'. So as you can see I had another fun fill day in my little slice of heaven.

Oh, I also got this cute journal; Books To Check Out, you write down all the books you want to read, borrow or lent, and your favourite books. So I'm making my list of books I want to buy. I now know they can get me some of Anne Whitfield's, so next time I'm down there I'm going to place my order. I'll also have my list to take to my local library, hopefully I'll be able to get them to stock a few of our own brilliant authors ;-).

Okay that's me for another blog. I'm going to do some housework, YUCK. I've put SVEN on hold for a couple of days, I'll get back into that on Monday. Have a great weekend everyone.


Hugs
Sandie

6 comments:

Sami Lee said...

Such a good selection there Sandie. Enjoy your guilty pleasures!

Devon Gray said...

Oh, to read for pleasure! I remember those days...fondly. Luckily, a lot of the books I read for FAR are very good. It's just difficult to pick up a book on my own and read it without my "reviewer hat" on. I'm glad you had fun, though. I "rearrange" at Borders when I go in as well. I always turn Diana Holquist's "The Sexiest Man Alive" face out on the shelf. It's just a visual treat, first off, and second, I want everyone to experience her awesome writing. I hope you are feeling better soon. Hop over to my blog when you get a chance!

Hugs-
Devon

Rachael Blair said...

Whoah... you've sure been busy, but you've bought a whole load of my fave authors. You WILL definately NOT be disappointed in Anne Gracie's novel. I can't wait to read her new one...'The STolen PRincess.' Just spend a whole load on eHarl myself..., but next month I'm planning buying Sami's book and Anné's from Ever After!

Sandie Hudson said...

Rach!!!
Do not tell me any more. My TBR pile is that high I can't see over it. (Okay so I'm only short, very short like 4' 11 1/2" short. That 1/2" is very important to me.) Any way my TBR's are getting out of hand.
So I'm doing a Laney fingers in ears going LA LA LA LA!!!

I have to admit I do want to read Sami's book (pondering if may be just one more book would hurt my TBR's). ARRRRRR I going to bed. See ya.

Hugs
Sandie

AnneMarie Brear said...

Your new purchases are a great selection.
And thank you for wanting to order my books, you are brilliant.
Two of my books are only available at the library, A Noble Place and The Gentle Wind's Caress. Try your local library and if they don't have them they might order them in for you. (it'll save you some money, too) LOL

Oh, have you tried The Book Depository UK? They are brilliant. Free shipping to Australia and delivery within a week usually. I buy all my book from there.

Wishing you a smashing day, Sandie!

Diane said...

Hi Sandie,

'How to write a dirty story' is fabulous. I'll have to re-read that one now that you've mentioned it.

I've just read a fabulous book called 'Page after Page' (I think it's 'after' and not 'by') by Heather Sellers. And one of the chapters talks about treating your writing as your lover. Very inspiring.

I've now hunted down the sequel which is Chapter by Chapter and it should be winging its way to me now from the US. But both books should be available from Borders.

Happy reading and writing!