Sunday, April 13, 2008

Been Missing In Action

Now I don't want you thinking I've been sitting around doing nothing, because I haven't, I've been very busy. I've helped set up another blog site for our June writing challenge. '50ks In 30 Days' pretty nifty name isn't it?

The site is: http://writeinjune.blogspot.com drop by and have a look. We are working on it all the time adding things here and there. We are also going to have a few people post blogs that have done NaNo a few years to give any new challengers an idea on what to expect with writing for a month flat-out. I've also asked one of the girls that did NaNo last year and had began the month not sure she would ever get to write a full novel. In the end had written her 50,000 words and was quiet pleased with herself. Which she had every right to be.

I've also been doing some great word sprint with Diane and Rachel C. A great way to spend your evenings. Sets of 15 to 30 minutes writing sprints. You would be surprised just how much writing you can get done like that.

Oh and one more thing, Devon Gray a very special friend I've made since I've started blogging got a full MS request. How cool is that? Rachel C and I will be singing from the roof tops when her release date is announced. So stay turned. In the mean time drop by Devon's blog and say 'hi' as well as congratulate her. http://authordevongray.blogspot.com

Okay, I have some sprinting to do with Diane. So catch you later.

Hugs
Sandie

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sandie, CONGRATULATIONS! on the request. I hope you cracked it. You have been a busy lady, I'm going to check the new blog out. I cant wait.
happy writing
kez

Sandie Hudson said...

Well thanks Kez, only it wasn't me who got the request, but a friend of mine, Devon Gray. Very special person our Devon. ;-)

Glad you are going to join the cha;;emge.

Hugs
Sandie

Devon Gray said...

Sandie you are so sweet!!! The acquiring editor contacted me today and said she would be back to me by week's end. She also asked how my name should read on the contract. I'm taking that as positive...but hey, until it's done, there is a wide berth for disaster! I've started on a new novella..."The Divorcee Whisperer". Clueless woman starting over in rural Georgia to escape her ex and manages to purchase the farmhouse right next door to a yummy horse breeder- half Cherokee, half white (which means dark hair, dark skin, ice blue eyes. Sigh). Tight jeans, cowboy hat, the works. It's another erotic novella, so I better start researching more clever ways to refer to the human anatomy...LOL.

It sounds like you are on a roll. The 50ks in 30 days scares me! June is my big travel month with family so I'd be afraid to even try. Although, I did just get a Mac Book because it is more portable than my "Dinosaur Dell" laptop. Hmmm...

Anyway- you're the best. Thanks for the positive vibes.

Love ya!
Devon

Unknown said...

hey sandie, I'd love to try 30 in 50. It would my first project. I havn't even tried BIW. Let me know what the go is.
thanks
Kez