Friday, April 18, 2008

Haunted By The Past

Ever since I wrote my blog on how I got started, I've been getting bits and pieces of the stories I'd thrown out. Yes I'm being haunted by my past characters. At first I just thought they were new characters wanting to join the mad house that is living in my head these days. Until I got a flash of a young girl so excited about her wedding day, she rushes into her sisters bedroom with a newspaper in hand to show said sister the article about her wedding. What she finds changes her life forever.

In her sisters bed is none other then her expected bridegroom asleep with her sister wrapped in his arms. My thought was, crap had that vision before. Yes this is one of the stories I' tossed out all those years ago. I guess they feel they have a right to have their stories told as well as the rest of my characters. Yep, even the one about the widow and her boss is filtering through. All I can do is jot down the little bits I'm getting here and there and hope for the best.

So now I have no idea what I am going to do for '50ks In 30 Days' other then adding to my already over flowing collection of WIP. I'm not game to think about starting something new. I don't have the space for any more people in my 'Head City'. I'm having a population explosion. Does anyone know how to switch it off? Is there a switch somewhere I need to flick? It's Frantic Friday today, all I know for sure is that it is Friday and I'm frantic. Frantic for some peace.

Our '50ks In 30 Days' challenge is growing so we should have a great month. We have a few more people doing the nightly word sprints with us, although I had to pass on last night as I was just too wiped out from family commitments yesterday. But tonight I will be ready to take the world on, (well I'm telling myself that). By the time tonight comes around I just may have myself believing it as well.

WRW-BIAW is on again next week so that should be a very good fore-runner for June. Hubby is still home next week and he'll be hopping on the young horse he is breaking-in so I'll have to sit outside to keep an eye on him. At least I have my trusty lappy I can write and watch him at the same time.

Okay that is my rant for the moment, I off to do some washing. Catch ya later.

Hugs
Sandie

9 comments:

Devon Gray said...

How about a Mad Libs (do ya have those over there?!) where you write the beginning of the stories, and let other people fill in the end?! I think for some really famous authors those are called ghost writers. Hee Hee. You didn't hear it from me!

Sandie Hudson said...

LOL, Devon. I won't tell anyone.

Lovely to see you here. Oops I better head over your way and see just what is happening with Miss Devon.

Hugs
Sandie

Rachael Blair said...

Where did my comment go???

I just said.. 'I hope you're not gonna blame me for the voices... seeing that I started the where did you come from posts and all.'

Sorry I have no solutions... the voices in my head continue to plague me too!

Sandie Hudson said...

No Rach, I would never to that. I think they have been there for a while just bidding their time. I opened the flood gates and they just came rushing into join the party. LOL. I think we are all in the same boat, most of the time.

Hugs
Sandie

Suzanne Brandyn Author said...

Hi Sandie,
Biaw, I have never attempted. I would love to this time, but with everything at present I don't think it's a good idea.
The voices in my head. hmm.. The only voice I hear is mine. I talk aloud often. I seem to concentrate better. I talk to my computer all the time. Oh, now I am wondering if this is a sign of madness. :)Thanks on the tip about my hero, the only one to concentrate on. lol. I even added a little to his shirt for the wedding, looks yummy now. :) It's still raining here. Two weeks and no sunshine is getting a bit much. Oh well, good for writing.
Have a great weekend as well,
Suz:)

Gail Symmonds said...

Voices in the head - I only ever do one book at a time! lol I find I get too confused with my charactors. After I wrote A Time To Love, Connor kept popping up in my new wip. It took me ages to get rid of the stubborn man! No I'm definately a one book at a time girl.

Have a nice Sunday

Gail

Anonymous said...

Huanted? Are you writing a paranormal story now? hehe
Just thought I'd add to your dog/man.
ROFLMAO!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm having so much fun laughing I can't even spell!!! Well I can't spell anyway. Now where's that dictionary gone.....

Sandie Hudson said...

LOL, woman you are crazy. Had me looking for my darn dictionary to see if I'd spelt the word right. Oh and my dog/man is getting stronger. I thinking if I keep ignoring him he might go away. Shhh don't tell him.

And just so you know I'm swimming down here. It hasn't stopped raining for twelve days and I'm over it all. If this keeps up we may have another flood, the poor horses are up to their knees in mud in some paddocks.

Catch ya.
Hugs
Sandie