Friday, April 25, 2008

Rainy Friday

I've had a couple of crappy days this week. Wednesday I got a migraine because I move my head the wrong way. Felt the crack in my neck and "POW" massive headache. Luckily it only lasted for a few hours. I went to bed with the room as dark as possible, took a couple of pills and crushed. The big problem, like with most of my headaches it takes me two to three days to get over them completely. I feel like I'm walking around with a head full of cotton wool. (Okay I'm like that at the best of times, but this is slightly different). So no writing on WIP being done here.

I've checked emails, read blogs, post on read blogs and just vegged out. Next week I will be getting the whip out to myself (no I'm not being kinky) and get some work done. I'll have three days to get house in order, cook some extra meals for hubby (have plenty of soup for myself) and decide what I'm going to write about during May.

Yes I've signed up for another challenge. It is all that Nicola Marsh's fault, went over there just to see what she has been up to lately, and she has this challenge she is co-hosting. Jeez, I have no will power, the challenge write a Novella of 25,000 words in 31 days. My superior thinking kicks in with, good way to prepare for June. Or as I said to Diane it's like waving a red flag to a bull. I see the words challenge and off I go charging in ready to sign up. Never mind, I still love Nicola she's great, always got something to say, has heaps of helpful hints here and there through out her blog. So anyway if you're interested the challenge is with Cata University from May 1st to 31st.

Okay hubby is hoping for at least 30 minutes of fine weather so he can ride a horse he is breaking-in, had to have yesterday off because it rained non-stop. So I had better go keep an eye on him. Just hope the horse isn't scared of my new welly boots, hehehe. Black with hot pink, white and purple dots, sooooooo cool.

Catch ya later.
Hugs
Sandie

7 comments:

Diane said...

The challenge may be to come up with something that is only 25000 words long, and not let your characters hog your time and mind longer.

Maybe you need to start drinking red bull as well to make this challenge.

25k in May, 50k in June? I'm exhausted just thinking about it

Sandie Hudson said...

Red Bull would keep me awake at night. I have enough trouble sleeping. But you're right, about not letting my characters hog my time. I'll have to work on that one.

Hugs
Sandie

Elizabeth said...

Hi Sandie thanks for stopping by my site. I love meeting new writers as I don't know any and it really helps to have the support. Living with horses sounds lovely, is it as beautiful there as I imagine? Going to check out the rest of you blog.

Sandie Hudson said...

Hi Elizabeth,

Living on my farm is the best of both worlds. We are far enough out the not too many people bother us, but close enough to town as well.

I like meeting new writers as well. I'm learning we are a breed all of our own. Hehehehe.

Catch ya later.
Hugs
Sandie

Rachel.C said...

I want a pic of you in those boots!!!!
You are the ultimate challenge slut. I swear you should be in the record books.

Sandie Hudson said...

I know it's sad, so very sad. Don't even know what I'm going to write about yet. Yeah, so whats new. hehehe.

Hugs
Sandie

Christina Phillips said...

Hi Sandie, can you point me in the right direction to sign up for the 50ks in 30 days challenge? Thanks!