Friday, February 22, 2008

Day 5 WRW-BIAW Frantic Friday

They call it Frantic Friday, write as much as you can in one day. Break only when needed, what a way to do a day’s writing. Did I achieve much? You bet I did 5,734 words in one day. I have surprised myself and I have found I really enjoy writing erotica. I think because you can let yourself go. There are so very few boundaries, mind you I don’t want to end up on that Bad Sex list. So I will keep going with my erotic story and decide what I’ll do with it later.

Right now I have to work out just how many sex scenes should there be in an erotic novel? If you have any idea let me know. On another note I have decided to write my Historical Romance for this year’s NaNoWriMo. So that gives me nine months to do my research and get my notes organized.

Monday I have to go in for my gastroscopy , so that will more than likely be two days out for me.

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason is on telly tonight. She’s on the skies at the moment. What a crack up. I love Colin Firth he is sooooo gorgeous.
Well I think I’ll go and watch my movie. Hope you have a great day or night. Until next time.
Hugs
Sandie

4 comments:

moneythoughts said...

Hi Sandie,

I was checking out people that paint and I came across your blog.

I write and paint. Take a look at my blog Moneythoughts, I think you may find it of interest.

Fred

Amanda said...

I think for erotica it's the same as any other piece of romance or fiction. As many sex scenes as are necessary to plot or character development. According to Morgan Hawke at http://darkerotica.blogspot.com/2007/03/erotic-vs-erotica-more-than-just-sex.html, it's definitely not the quantity. It's a good article and may help relieve your concerns.

Oh, and you go, girl! Awesome word count.

Sandie Hudson said...

Thanks Amanda for your reply. I read the article and yes it has helped.
Hugs
Sandie

Rachel.C said...

Woohoo...
Excellent word count!
Glad you're enjoying the erotica, it is fun to let yourself go in some of the sex scenes.
Have a great weekend.
'See' ya soon.