Monday, February 2, 2009

Monday Madness ~ Families

Here it is Monday again, and I have not been able to concentrate on writing/editing at all. One of my sisters has had an operation on her back today, just got word that she came through the op okay but she hasn’t seen the doctor yet so we still waiting to see if everything went well. I’m hoping we’ll know more later this evening.

My Mum had a fall at the weekend so it is now more important than ever to find a place for her so she will have full time care. I went to visit her not long after we got the call telling us about her fall and she asked me if I thought she would get another two years in her home. I think it one of the hardest things I have ever had to do was to tell her that her time at our family home was coming to an end. It was Dad and Mum’s only home that they owned. We have so many memories there, Dad racing us around the bloke, obstacle races in the back yard, and Friday night picnics in the lounge room. Yet when I go down there now, it is all changed. The once quite street now has townhouses at the end of it and there are cars going up and down the street all day long. We use to be able to play cricket out on the street for most of the day and not a car in sight. I also think the fact that Dad is no longer there makes the old house seem sad in some way. Do you think a house can be sad?

Anyway, the last few days have been a roller coaster of emotions for me and until we get Mum settled one way or another I think they will continue to be that way.

Sandie

3 comments:

Mon Wood said...

Thinking of you, lovey.

Hugs,
Mon

Mary Ricksen said...

Things will be alright. Just hand in there. I think a house can literally feel empty, when someone is missing.

There's always a better day on the way to you in the future.

Sandie Hudson said...

Thank you ladies.