Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Wednesday's Wisdom

The week is not going at all as I planned. I was going to be knee high in editing and rewrites by today. Not happening people. Instead I'm either sitting with my bunged up foot up on the foot rest of the lounge watching telly, (Yes I know I could be editing but my mind is just not there) or I'm walking around the house on the phone to my sister trying to work out what we can do for my Mum. She had another fall last night. This is the second in two days. At least tonight she'll be okay as my younger brother is going to take her over to his place for the night. Tomorrow he'll take her to the doctors. Oh have to tell you my foot is a lovely shade of purple today. LOL.

I missed out on the next round of Karin Tabke 'One Line' contest. I'm not surprised, I should have stuck with my original sentence and not fiddled. But I'm happy with how I went just the same.

The writing Bootcamp I signed up for is getting close. I'm looking forward to that, but I really, really need to get some editing done on the piece I want to use for that. The other participants all are great, seeing as I know most of them makes that easier.

Okay here's some words of wisdom for a few of the greats, seeing as it is Wednesday's Wisdom.

"What is The Subconscious to every other man, in its creative aspect becomes, for writers, The Muse." ~Ray Bradbury~

"The best antidote to writer's block is ... to write." ~Henriette Anne Klauser~

“Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.” ~Gloria Steinem~

"It is worth mentioning, for future reference, that the creative power which bubbles so pleasantly in beginning a new book quiets down after a time, and one goes on more steadily. Doubts creep in. Then one becomes resigned. Determination not to give in, and the sense of an impending shape keep one at it more than anything." ~Virginia Woolf~

Sandie

1 comment:

Eleni Konstantine said...

Isn't that the way - that things never go to plan. Well for me they don't. Ouch on the foot, and sorry to hear about your mum having a fall.

Sorry to hear that you didn't get into the next line - next time you know to go with your gut instinct.

As for Bootcamp, I'm sure you will have a blast. Glad you are all getting along already :)