Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sensational Sunday

Well it is so much a sensational Sunday here today. But I'll get to that shortly. Firstly I have some really cool news in regard to one of my critique partners. Heather emailed me last night with the wonderful news that she received a contract for her murder mystery novel. I am sooooo happy for her. I'll let you all know more when I find out. WOOHOO Heather.


That's the good news, everything else about this weekend has been anything but sensational. We have one end of Australia coping with floods, that's the end where the sun is suppose to be shining most of the time. Yes, most of Queensland is having to coping with on going rain. You can't help but feel sorry for everyone going through this crisis. At least this is a natural disaster, unlike the one the is ripping through much on Victoria.



Surrounding area of Melbourne are fighting bush fires, the worst part is that some of these fires were deliberately lit. What the hell is wrong with these people? So far we have 65 people who have lost their lives and hundreds of people homeless because their homes went up in flames all because some nut case played with matches. I can't help but hope that the authorities catch these bastards. Sorry, I refuse to call them human because they are not! They are animals, low life and I know that someday they will get what they deserve. I've felt sick to my stomach every time a news break come on the telly. My prayer and thoughts are with everyone involved with these disasters.


If you would like to contribute to the Victorian Bushfire Appeal Fund, people can call Red Cross on 1800 811 700.

Sandie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news for your cp! Isn't it great to have a cp who is making it and giving us hope and encouragement that it's possible because we've been a witness to at least part of the journey!

Have a great writing week.