Thursday, January 15, 2009

Going Oh So Slowly

My writing is moving slower than a snail at the moment. It has nothing to do with the story, well I don't think it does anyway. No, I think it is more that I have too much going on in the outside world.

My Mum is not doing all that well at the moment and it is looking more likely that she will have to go into aged care. She is going into rest spite next week for a few weeks and we are hoping to get more in home care for her so she can stay in her own home, all we can really do is wait and see. I've decided I don't think I want to get old, it is the pitts.

So on top of that I'm getting more headaches, (well migraines). I don't have time for that crap. I have a novella to write. I'm at 5,351 of my 20,000 words with 17 days to go. So that is words a day I need to write as well as edit and do re-writes on 'We Were In Love'. I do not have time to be down for two and three days with migraines.

On to other news, I'm still in Karin Tabke 'One Line' contest. YAY. Really thought I'd go this week. So I've made the top 50, not bad, I'm happy. Rhain Cahill is still going strong as well, not sure about any other Aussies. I'll have to have a good read through them all and see if I can work it out.

I've written my first two reviews for Fallen Angel Reviews I'm not sure when they get posted to the site. I'm enjoying writing reviews, I'm reading novels I don't normally read and learning a lot about writing as well. I have a few reviews I've written for Writers and Readers of Distinctive Fiction on my Review Blog , you'll also find my Angel me there, LOL it's the only time I've been an angel.

Okay that is it for this update. See ya next time.

Sandie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you!!!
Missed hopping over to see what you're up to.
I noticed you joined me at FAR. Update is at the end of the month. I think it's four Friday of the month every month.
Well back to catching up on all my stuff.
RC

Diane said...

Don't let that halo choke you! LOL. You're a fallen angel!

Congrats on the one line contest. I'm going to have a look now.

Eleni Konstantine said...

Sorry to hear your mum is not doing well - it sucks when parents are ill. I'm sure it doesn't help your migraines.

Congrats on the Karin Tabke 'One Line' contest and doing the reviews. My goodness, where do you find the time?!!