Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Writing is Picking Up

I seem to have a rocket under me the last few days, just a small one anyway. Current word count for 'The Godmother's Wish' is 10,427, yes that means I have written 5,076 words since Thursday. I'm happy with how the story is going, I was concerned on Friday night as I thought I was going to have to deal with a sex scene I didn't want just yet. As a matter of fact I'm hoping this novella/novel will be more along the lines of tender/sweet instead of sexy/erotic, only because I want to prove to myself I can write a novel that is not full of sex.


I'm not saying that the hero and heroine are not thinking about sex, just that they are not acting on those feelings. If you would like to have a glimpse of my heroine's mind set, you can read her diary here: Diary of A Heroine there are a couple of diary entries so far.


Yes I've been making more blogs, Miss Procrastination has been running wild around the house, along with the Heroine's diary I also have a blog for my novels, The Novels . I know I'm crazy, but than you lot already knew that, LOL.

On the editing front, not a whole lot is happening. Every time I think I'll sit down and go over one of my finished WIP a scene jumps into my head and I start writing again. Plus there is another Madame pushing her way in wanting equal writing time as well. She at least is happy to wait until later in the evening to push for writing time.




I started reading Robyn Grady's 'Baby Bequest' yesterday, for no other reason than to sit down and read. I love Robyn's novels and this is shaping up to be a good read.





Well that's it for now, I'll be back through the week and let you know how I go with this week's Karin Tabke 'One Line' Contest.

Sandie

2 comments:

Mon Wood said...

Holy cow, your word count is awesome. Making me jealous!!

I've got Robyn's book as well. No time to read it at this stage.

Have a great week :-)

Sandie Hudson said...

Mon,
You have to find time to read it, it's great so far. i am soooo in love with Gage. LOL.