Thursday, January 22, 2009

Thursday's Thoughts

Well my writing has come to a grinding holt the last couple of days. If I sit to writing at the computer my mind goes blank. I’ve made a few notes in my notepad, but anywhere near enough. I think this upset with my Mum is getting to me. So, I’m going to put everything on hold until I get that sorted out. If I feel like writing I will, if not I’m not going to beat myself up about it.

I did an interview with my hero from ‘The Godmother’s Wish’ Romanos Makris on ‘Let’s Talk Heroes’. Lucy has been updating her diary on ‘Diary of a Heroine’ so I’m at least learning a little about my characters. The diary thing is interesting it is like they are sitting there writing in front of me. Oh, and I have to writing them longhand before I transcribe them to the blog.


I’ve written a review for Robyn Grady’s ‘Baby Bequest’ on my Review site, really enjoyed reading it, Robyn is great to read.


Hope you all are finding the time to write and getting the words on paper. I’ve also made it into the next round of Karin Tabke’s ‘One Line’ along with Rhian Cahill and her CP Mari Carr WOOHOO.


See ya later.
Sandie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If the words aren't flowing, then don't force them. Jot down notes as they come to you, do something completely different. And maybe go to a movie or something while you know your mum's being looked after. Respite is supposed to be for the people who are caring, as well as the person being cared for!

Christina Phillips said...

Congrats on making the next round of Karin Tabke's contest, Sandie!

I loved Robbie's 'Baby Bequest' too!

Sandie Hudson said...

Thanks Christina.

Diane I have my notepad with me all the time, I learnt a lesson by not having one with once, never again.

Anonymous said...

Wooohooo... Go us!
I hope everything settles down for you soon.
And don't worry about not writing, it'll be back.
RC