Saturday, November 3, 2007

Day 3 of NaNoWriMo & Day 20 of Sven

I finally got down to see my Mum today, my Auntie was there as well which was really nice. I love my auntie she is such a crack up, she always has some funny story to tell about her and Mum growing up. My Mum is going into Respite for a couple of weeks, I hope she has a good time, it's been pretty lonely for her at home since my Dad passed away. Having company all day should be good for her and knowing my Mum she will keep them all well entertained. I have to say it is really hard watching your parents grow old. I know watching my Dad over the last few years of his life was very hard to take at times.

My Dad to me was always my super hero, to the extent that when I was growing up he told me (and I believed him) he taught Superman how to fly and Tarzan how to swing through trees. Dad was a tall man almost six foot, with dark brown eyes and when he was young he had dark curly hair. In a lot of ways he was what we all look for in your hero's. Anyway it's hard watching the man you thought could hold a house together in a storm, deteriorate the way my Dad did. You know there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of my Dad at least once.

So (needs to change the subject) my writing, I've done another 1,368 words tonight, which takes me up to 11,529 just over 23% WOO HOO. I'm in a bit of a dilemma ATM though, this is not going the way I thought it would go, see I was going to have Isaac and Ashley go to bed together and Ashley would feel guilty about her dead husband etc. But just as I was getting to where they would do their horizontal tango, Isaac pulled back. Heavens to Betsy, I can't win. I either have a hero that wants to jump into bed when I don't want any bed jumping or I have one who is just so damn sweet, (this is suppose to be my BAD BOY) that he asks the heroine if she's sure and blows the whole thing. MEN they are driving me CRAZY.

And to top it all off the darn Aunt who I thought would be kind, sweet and caring is picking a fight with my heroine. What that!! I've written a whole scene and I have absolutely no idea where it is going or why it is going there. I give up, so much for me writing this novel, I'm just the person typing, I have no say in anything else it seems. Well one good thing I'll be able to report in to Sven with some good figures.

Hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy what ever it is you have planned.

Hugs
Sandie

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love when we stop being the creator and simply transcribe what comes to mind. Of course, trying to explain that moment to a non-writer usually makes me seem crazy. Oh wait, writers are crazy aren't we?

Thanks for stopping into my corner. I'm feeling better than I have in a while (never underestimate the power of sunshine) so I'll be digging into one challenge project or the other tonight. Just not sure which right now.

Oh one more thing. Could you explain "respite" for the American here who doesn't quite understand it.

Sandie Hudson said...

Hey Cynthia
So nice to see you in my neck of the woods. Yes most non writer's do think I'm crazy, I was trying to explain to friends today about my characters and the journey they take me on, just got blank stares back. Yep one very crazy lady here.

Respite is just that Mum is going into a nursing home for a couple of weeks for a rest. That rest is for her and also for the family. We've told her to look on it as a holiday.

Glad you are feeling better and good luck with your writing.

Hugs
Sandie

Cynthia said...

Ah, okay now I get it. Respite could be a wonderful holiday, too bad we don't do something similar over here.

I stopped trying to explain my writing/characters to non writers, the blank stares finally just got too much. Especially when I try to explain the habit of talking out a story to myself, yeah that just produced long silences.