Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I Did It - Finished

That's right I have officially finished NaNoWriMo. What a relief. When I started out on this journey I never expected to have so many highs and lows. I have learnt that I need to take time to get to know my character's, because although I've finished the book I still don't know my characters as much as I would like too.

So after 50,025 words, eleven chapters and 245 pages, I'm now taking time to get to know these characters better.

I'd like to thank all of my writing buddies for their support and wish all those who are still madly typing the best of luck. To those who have finished Angie and Shalanna congratulations. Angie you have been an inspiration to me through out this, it has been a pleasure and a joy to watch you go from strength to strength with your writing.

I'd also like to say a big thank you to Portia De Costa. Portia is one of the Sven sponsors and she has been a constant support to me through out these last couple of months.

So ladies thank you again.

Hugs
Sandie

6 comments:

Rachael Blair said...

Sandie - you rock!!! Congratulations. I have just over 6000 words to go and so I don't think I'll make it, but it was a learning experinece all the same...

Sandie Hudson said...

Rach, You are the one that rocks. To achieve so much in a month and have to look after a young family, you amaze me. Who knows you may still make it yet.

Hugs
Sandie

Diane said...

Yah, Sandie. Well done! I'm glad the word fairy worked for you. Can you send her back to mefor tomorrow evening? About 7pm would be good - I will have to pull around 6000 words out of the hat at that point.

Sami Lee said...

Congratulations Sandie, a great effort. I hope you enjoy getting to know your characters.

Rachel.C said...

Woo Hoo!
Doing the happy dance in my mind. The rest of me is still protesting too much activity. Great job, I can't wait to read the finished product.

Rachel.C said...

Where are you? I know you're around because I saw your update on Sven. Anyway, getting there, 10 pages for today, happy with that even if I do think it should be more.
'See' you soon.
Rachel.C