Thursday, October 18, 2007

Day Four of Sven - Pushy Men.

Thursday and day four of Sven. When I first started writing 'Back to You' I thought I would write along the lines of a Sweet Romance, you know keep the bedroom door CLOSED.

Well it seems Tyler has other ideas. I spent half the morning arguing with him. I mean for heavens sake, he is just a character in my head. I should be able to control what I want in my novel right? Wrong, Mr. I Want The Bedroom Door Opened, nagged and nagged, I explained it was a Sweet Romance bedroom door closed. But no matter what I said or did, he was "open the bedroom door Sandie" so in the end I gave in and wrote the damn sex scene. If nothing else, at least it shut him up.

The thing is though, I am no where near ready for Tyler and Jackie to be doing the horizontal tango. He cheated, Tyler jumped a chapter or two just to get Jackie in bed. Men!!!

The good thing is I reached my word count for the day.

I'm finishing up a bit early today as I have a author chat to go to tonight. That should be good I love finding out how others write their novels, how they get their ideas etc. Tonight is with four crime writers, so looking forward to this.

I didn't get anything done on 'Clint's Adventures' so will have to work extra hard tomorrow to make up the word count.

Bye for now. Have a great evening.

3 comments:

Christina Phillips said...

Sandie I SOO understand what you mean about your characters having their own ideas! Sometimes it's just easier to let them get on with it and see where they take you (unless of course it leads to a dead body!!)

Sandie Hudson said...

Yes dead bodies can be a bit of a problem. I think I'd much rather the love scene, at least I can move it to where ever I want.

Cynthia said...

Ah, yes, I understand the pushy male character problem. I had one take over a story, no really. The sucker was suppose to be a one-time guest appearance character, he became the hero.

Thanks for dropping by my blog. Thought I'd reciprocate. I think my heroine picked her name, either that or I just really tired.