Friday, October 12, 2007

IT’S ALL ABOUT BEING ORGANIZED!!!!

Well that is my goal, being organized, being prepared. I have spent today organizing my writing space. I’m doing another collage, I love have pictures over my computer, it’s just the pesky storyboards that upset my writing flow. So I have my collages, my space is nice and tidy (and if you knew me at all that is a major achievement on my part). The writing is coming free and easy; I was able to get 5,500 on paper yesterday and Wednesday, so I'm confident I'll be able to reach my targeted goals.

Today was a wipe out; I had a doctor’s appointment this morning and guess what? I’ve pulled the tendon in my left thumb, from playing the Play Station of all things, it’s not like I sit around all day playing the silly thing, I might have a game with my grandson once a week if I’m lucky. Well it’s not going to stop me from my writing, no way; I’m on a roll and rolling I’m staying. Then we had thunder storms around us all day, so no writing done but I did have a productive day.

Oh, last night at about midnight, I thought I would add a post over at 70DOWS, know what I did? I joined up again. Yeah now I’m down twice (I could just see my dad up above scratching his head and saying “You’ve got your self in a good pickle this time kiddo” and of course he’d be right. Then I got to thinking, I have a children’s book I’ve wanted to put together so now is as good a time as any, so that is going to be a small project for me to work on as well. So my commitment is 700 words a day for my children’s book and 1,200 words a day on my other WIP. I’m going to be a busy girl but I reckon if I can pull this off I will be able to work under all kinds of pressure.

Well that it for now I’m going to do some work on my WIP while there are no storms. Catch ya later.

5 comments:

Rachel.C said...

What a bummer. Does the thumb hurt that much? I've just experimented with not using my left thumb and other than slowing down slightly because I was thinking about it, I do believe you'll do okay. Hope it's better soon. No more play station with the kids! Next time it could be you right thumb.
Rachel.C

Sandie Hudson said...

It's not too bad, but it does hurt if I forget and bump it or use it on the space bar. Put I will soldier on, life count be a whole lot worse.

Devon Gray said...

I had terrible pain in my left thumb for months and couldn't figure out why. Turns out it was from holding paperback books open while I read (sigh). Sounds like you are really on a roll! I was rolling myself yesterday: 3500 words. Today- three trips to the school, roller skating birthday party, husband's work associates coming over for dinner. Writing? Sadly for me, no. Keep up the great word counts!

Vega Stone said...

I noticed you'd signed up twice and I was wondering what was going on. Good to see you are excited and revving to go.

By the way, pressure is how diamonds are formed.

Anonymous said...

ouch on the thumb sandie! but you sure have been a busy bee - your blog looks great, signing up for the writing challenges, and you're letting your characters loose. good on ya!