Saturday, October 6, 2007

NaNoWriMo

"Writing Opens You To A Whole New World"

Okay, I signed up for National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)yesterday. Basically the idea is to write 50,000 words in the month. Yikes!! What have I done? I mean don't I have enough people chattering away in my head and here I am inviting more in, oh well "the more the merrier" or so they say.

So here's the thing I have two novels on the go at the moment, which I hope to put a fair bit into this month. Yeah, this could be good. A test for myself, get these two books sorted and finished (yeah right) this month, or near finished and then I can start another one for the NaNoWriMo. I have no idea what I'll write about, so that's another thing I'll have to do, pick a story theme, then plan and outline where I'm going to go with this one. I think I might either:

a) Start on the third novel to go with my other two, (because they are going to be part of a series)

b) Write down some of the ideas I have floating around in my head and pick one out. That might be interesting, because I'll have no real idea where that might lead me.

Okay so I need to get to doing some work, enough chit chat from me for a while, it's head down, butt up (well in the seat anyway) and get some writing done.

Sandie

No comments: