Saturday, October 6, 2007

TAKING THE CHALLENGE

This is the thing, after joining up for NaNoWriMo I was reading an email on one of my group postings about this site she stumbled across a few weeks ago. Yes The Seventy Days of Sweat Writing Challenge http://70daysofsweat.com/wordpress .

So off I go to have a look at what this is all about, it runs along similar lines of NaNo, just that you have seventy days (well actually, it’s 93 days) to get your MS finished. Cool. I’m in that, so I joined up, now I start my serious writing on October 15, instead of November 1. Good news is I can use this extra time to get my WIP finished or near too before I start NaNo. I have decided to start a new MS for NaNoWriMo. Came up with a storyline, theme, hero and heroine this afternoon. The 70 Days of Sweat Writing Challenge runs from 15th October 2007 to 15th January 2008. The rules are simple, just write 750 to 1500 words a day, but you only have to write for 70 days out of the 93 days.

So this weekend is going to be spent getting my house in order, so I have the time to write, write, and write. Oh did I mention I’m also looking for some part-time work, nothing like putting some pressure on yourself. Oh, and also RWAustralia are running a Boot Camp in November I would love to do as well. Yep this writing is taking over my life. And loving it. (She say’s in her best Maxwell Smart voice.) HEHE.

So it’s housework (hate housework) this weekend, planning and writing from Monday. (plus applying for employment positions)

4 comments:

Vega Stone said...

I'm right there along with you Sandie.

All the best with the job hunting.

Vega (aka Suzy)

Rachel.C said...

Are you crazy? No, don't answer that, I know you are, you're a writer. If you've read my blog you'll have read the post 'in over my head', I think that's you. I'm not so concerned about me anymore, you're going under before me. LOL
'See' ya later.
Racharl

Diane said...

I've done that in the past. Finished one novel around November 5, to dive straight into a Nanowrimo with hardly an idea of what I wanted to write about except the feeling of being 17 again. I think it can work because it does get you into the discipline but it's better if you can finish the ms within the month of November because you start losing steam (and the impetus of the community) after that.
Good luck. I'm looking forward to cheering on all my RWA writing buddies!

Rachel.C said...

Hey Sandie, just spotted that you commented on Devon Gray's blog. She's my new best buddie in the US. I 'meet' her in my online course with Gotham Writers Workshop and we've become cyber buddies since then. She's great to bounce stuff off because of her newbie status and she gets to go to conferences because she can drive there! She's too 'busy' to do Nano this year, (I think she's chicken) but she's going to cheer us on.
'See' ya later.
Racharl